Conventions Malta is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING DECISION (EU) 2018/1523 of 11 October 2018 as transposed from Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
This accessibility statement applies to www.conventionsmalta.com.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Conventions Malta website is partially conformant with W3 WCAG level AA which maps to EN 301 549 as per the European Web Accessibility Directive. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not yet fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Accessibility Measures Used
A few of the measures, amongst others, to make the Conventions Malta accessible include:
• Audio description is provided for all pre-recorded video content in synchronized media.
• Content does not restrict its view and operation to a single display orientation, such as portrait or landscape, unless a specific display orientation is essential.
• Except for captions and images of text, text can be resized without assistive technology up to 200 percent without loss of content or functionality.
• Web pages do not contain anything that flashes more than three times in any one second period, or the flash is below the general flash and red flash thresholds.
• Headings and labels describe topic or purpose.
• Components that have the same functionality within a set of Web pages are identified consistently.
Limitations and alternatives
The following limitations are observed at present:
Conventions Malta is working to rectify the above limitations and make the website more accessible for all. Despite our efforts however, there may still be some limitations which may have gone unnoticed or are planned to be made accessible soon. Please contact us if you observe any such issue in our website.
Feedback and Contact Details
We are committed to addressing any access issues promptly. If you experience any difficulties in accessing our websites, or have trouble using any aspect of the website, we would like you to let us know. You may contact us:
By email: email@example.com
Phone: +356 2291 5000
Postal address: Conventions Malta
Malta Tourism Authority,
Building SCM 01, Suite 404,
SmartCity Malta, Ricasoli SCM 1001
The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) is the entity responsible for implementing DECISION (EU) 2018/1523 of 11 October 2018 on the accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies. In case our response to your ICT accessibility related query is not satisfactory or you wish to lodge a formal complaint, you can do so by filling the MCA online complaint form.